Other jobs from Linium Staffing Services
How the application process works: Once you click on the ‘Apply now’ button, you will be given a variety of choices for how to submit your profile for consideration for this role. You can apply using a Jobster or LinkedIn profile, or you can import a resume document or build a profile from scratch. You will have the opportunity to check and edit your profile before you submit it to the recruiter.
IT Specialist (780)
Schenectady, New York, United States
Salary: Salary not specified | Contract
We are looking for a senior level candidate for a long term contract opportunity. This is a full time, two year contract opportunity that offers PTO and benefits on day one. Candidate will work with company’s WebSphere Administrator to configure and maintain the WAS ND 8.5 environment on AIX/ Provide assistance in migrating and configuring Java applications from SunOne/Red Hat environment to WAS ND/AIX environment. Responsibilities include providing web server support for the agency’s developers running mission critical java application. This responsibility includes troubleshooting java errors, java code, web server errors and database connection issues/ Working with the development staff and other teams on a regular basis to determine best approach for new application development (ex. Database connections, Security, External vs. Internal). Candidate will proactively monitor server and web server logs in order to meet service level agreements for application uptime. This great job is located in Schenectady, NY.
• 7 years experience in the usage and support of a collection of development platforms, technical architectures, or business applications and products that run on those platforms, beyond that of a Programmer
• 7 years experience in Backup and Recovery & Security
• Experience as an IBM Websphere Administrator conducting high availability builds, upgrades, WAR file migrations and performance turning on AIX or Linux.
• Experience doing installs, upgrades, application/code migrations and performance tuning on Non-IBM web servers. For example Apache, Sun One, iPlanet, Weblogic and JBoss.
• Experience working closely with Java developers to troubleshooting critical Java applications. This includes reviewing application error logs, Java code and making recommend code changes in order to fix critical issues.
• Basic experience with Unix
All are encouraged to apply, including Corp. to Corp. and H1B visa holders!
How to apply for this position:
Please send your resume to Miriam Dushane, Branch Manager
What to expect once you’ve applied:
Once your resume has been received, The Linium team will review your credentials to match your qualifications against all of the open positions, including the one you applied for. If you are qualified for any of the current job openings, a member of the Linium team will contact you.
Stay up to date with all of our job postings, tips, tricks and recruiter videos online:
www.liniumstaffing.com - Look for our links to Facebook, Twitter and Linked on our home page!
Linium is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Walk-ins are Always Welcome!