Other jobs from Linium Staffing Services
- There are not currently any other open jobs listed by Linium Staffing Services.
How the application process works: Once you click on the ‘Apply now’ button, you will be given a variety of choices for how to submit your profile for consideration for this role. You can apply using a Jobster or LinkedIn profile, or you can import a resume document or build a profile from scratch. You will have the opportunity to check and edit your profile before you submit it to the recruiter.
Technical Architect - #1392
Albany, New York, United States
Salary: Salary not specified | Contract
Facts about the Role: This project is 12 months long working at the NYS DMV in Albany, NY. This contract opportunity offers PTO and benefits on day one.
DMV is looking to hire 1 Data Architect to work with DMV staff for the purpose of analyzing, developing and testing for all aspects of the DMV systems modernization initiatives.
The Data Architect will work with a team of ITS technical data management staff to provide specialized support for the modeling, documenting, and BI access to license and commercial driver data that is in the process of being converted from legacy VSAM files to modern relational databases. This will enable DMV to provide the license data required by the Governor’s Open Data initiative. He/she will support all aspects of data design and management, with particular focus on the data modeling, metadata and BI access to DMV’s license and commercial driver data. He/she will need to become familiar with existing systems and provide specialized support such as Erwin, DB2, SQL, IBM ETL and SAP Business Object tools.
Participate on the DMV License Data Modernization team. The NYS Office of Information Technology Services (ITS), General Government Cluster is responsible for developing a license and commercial driver data modernization solution for DMV. This project involves designing new data models, metadata management, and developing BI access to license and commercial driver data in relational databases.
• Document technical and functional requirements in a clear and easy to understand manner
• Work with Design team using best practices to design new license and commercial driver data models using Erwin.
• Adhere to all GGC data standards(e.g. Modeling/Metadata)
• Gather required metadata for new license and commercial driver data model.
• Use SAP Business Object tools to create universes and enable business users to access the license and commercial driver data using Webi Reports.
• Use IBM ETL tools to perform ETL tasks
• Use IBM Quality Stage tool to perform matching and cleansing of data
• Facilitate the transfer of knowledge and provide documentation that will prepare Data Architecture staff to maintain and support their models, universes and processes.
• Technical expert centered around a technology, technologies or a portfolio of applications- Designing and implementing Information Technology solutions
• Skill Level: Senior, 60 – 84 Months. Candidate is able to work without assistance and can provide leadership for others; may have advanced education
• 60 Months CA Erwin modeling tool experience and must have used product within the last 12 months.
• 60 Months Data Modeling and Design and must have used product within the last 12 months.
• 60 Months Advanced SQL and must have used product within the last 12 months.
• 60 Months of SAP Business Objects tool and must have used product within the last 12 months.
• 60 Months Metadata Management and must have used product within the last 12 months.
• 60 Months development using IBM Data Stage tool and must have used product within the last 12 months.
• 60 Months development using IBM Quality Stage tool and must have used product within the last 12 months.
Linium pays on a weekly basis, the contract rate for this role based on experience is 58.90 to 62.00 per hour.
All are encouraged to apply, including Corp. to Corp. and H1B visa holders!
How to apply for this position:
Please send your resume to - Email: ITjobs@linium.com
What to expect once you’ve applied:
Once your resume has been received, The Linium team will review your credentials to match your qualifications against all of the open positions, including the one you applied for. If you are qualified for any of the current job openings, a member of the Linium team will contact you.
Stay up to date with all of our job postings, tips, tricks and recruiter videos online:
www.liniumstaffing.com - Look for our links to Facebook, Twitter and Linked on our home page!
Linium is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Walk-ins are Always Welcome!