Other jobs from Linium Staffing Services
- There are not currently any other open jobs listed by Linium Staffing Services.
How the application process works: Once you click on the ‘Apply now’ button, you will be given a variety of choices for how to submit your profile for consideration for this role. You can apply using a Jobster or LinkedIn profile, or you can import a resume document or build a profile from scratch. You will have the opportunity to check and edit your profile before you submit it to the recruiter.
Junior Specialist - Helpdesk #00288
Albany, New York, United States
Salary: Salary not specified | Contract
We are seeking a junior level helpdesk professional for an opportunity in Albany, NY. This project is 7 months long, working at with the NYS State Police. This contract opportunity offers PTO and benefits on day one. The work hours are Friday – Thursday 12:00 AM – 8:00 AM
Duties of the role include, but are not limited to the following:
• Provide support and troubleshooting for laptops, desktops, network and remote connectivity by responding to user questions, problems and requests.
• Solve first level support calls, assist staff in accurate and complete problem and solution descriptions and appropriately escalates problems to second level groups.
• Assist in writing follow-up reports, document current systems and processes.
• Maintain current knowledge of technologies and make accurate recommendations for new or corrective technology for the division.
• Assist in remotely configuring and installing workstation hardware, software and network connectivity, accurately documenting the process and scope.
• Maintain working knowledge of the information security requirements, policies and protocols and configure hardware and software accordingly.
• Maintain working knowledge of service level agreements and customer service policies and report status of same.
• Conduct end user training thru remote connectivity.
• Specialist: - Experience in the usage and support of a collection of development platforms, technical architectures, or business applications and products that run on those platforms, beyond that of a Programmer.
• Junior: 12 – 36 Months.
• Minimum 24 months experience working in Public Safety Call Center or Public Safety Helpdesk environment with customer service, technical troubleshooting and teamwork skills in assisting Level 1 technical support for law enforcement agencies
• Minimum 24 months knowledge and experience using MS Active Directory, Citrix, Windows 2003/2008 Server, GroupWise environment performing password reset, maintaining connectivity and configuration settings.
• Minimum 24 months knowledge and experience with MS operating system (Window 2000/XP), MS Office Suite 2000/2003 resolving, troubleshooting workstation and application issues.
• Minimum 24 months knowledge and experience in McAfee Enterprise Suite, AVL, TraCS, SJS, LiveScan support assisting law enforcement agencies.
• Minimum 24 months knowledge and experience in troubleshooting, hardware devices such as printers, multi-function copiers, scanners, label makers, fax machines and other various office equipment’s.
• Minimum 24 months basic knowledge of networking, network infrastructure and information security principles.
• Minimum 24 months experience in using HEAT helpdesk ticket tracking system, LANDesk remote control utility to monitor, maintain, assist, troubleshoot, and resolve issues on public safety law enforcement calls.
• Minimum 24 months experience in conducting end user training remotely
Linium pays on a weekly basis, the contract rate for this role based on experience is 19.00 to 20.00 per hour.
All are encouraged to apply, including Corp. to Corp. and H1B visa holders!
To apply for this position please use the following job link provided:
Why Work With Linium?
Why Consider a Contract/Temp Role?
• Find jobs with companies that may rely only on Firms for hiring
• Placements in our Contract and Contract/Temp to Perm jobs convert to full time nearly 100% of the time
• Get a foot in the door with an amazing company, while earning a paycheck
• Use your assignment to evaluate your future employer and make sure it is a good fit for you
• Use the positions to fill in the “gap” while you’re looking for a permanent role
• Develop new skills, experiences & references –build your resume
• Linium’s services are FREE to all job seekers!
What to expect once you’ve applied:
Once your resume has been received, The Linium team will review your credentials to match your qualifications against all of the open positions, including the one you applied for. If you are qualified for any of the current job openings, a member of the Linium team will contact you.
We understand job searching is stressful! We know that finding a better job to advance your career and your income is important. We will be there every step of the way helping you navigate through the complexities of job searching in today’s economy.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, by choice, Linium will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.
Walk-ins are Always Welcome!