Other jobs from Linium Staffing Services
How the application process works: Once you click on the ‘Apply now’ button, you will be given a variety of choices for how to submit your profile for consideration for this role. You can apply using a Jobster or LinkedIn profile, or you can import a resume document or build a profile from scratch. You will have the opportunity to check and edit your profile before you submit it to the recruiter.
Virtualization Architect Specialist
Clifton Park, New York, United States
Salary: Salary not specified | Full time
Linium is a global business and IT consulting firm who collaborates with companies to unlock the full potential of their business. With over 1000 successful client engagements and an array of industry focused awards, we accelerate performance, overcome challenges, solve complex problems, and maximize value by leveraging innovative management consulting, technology enablement, and workforce solutions.
Title: Virtualization Architect Specialist - Clifton Park, NY
Work closely with Managed Services team to develop CLOUDtricity (Hosting Services) virtualization solutions as well as working closely with the Director of Professional Services to develop professional services virtualization capabilities and offerings leveraging internal and 3rd party resources.
This individual will also play a key role in guiding other virtualization strategies including storage, network, and file. This individual will evangelize virtualization and hyper-visor technologies by working closely with Sales and Engineering/Professional Services Teams as a virtualization expert.
In addition to providing internal expertise and support to teams, this individual will be heavily involved in the TECHNICAL design, and implementation of customized virtualization solutions for customers, onsite customer virtualization assessments, and creation and delivery of virtualization ROI and solution benefits to the customer.
• Design, and implementation of customized technical virtualization solutions for customers in the Data Center, on the Desktop, multi-tenancy cloud solution.
• Develop complete virtualization solutions taking into account sizing, infrastructure, data protection, disaster recovery, and application requirements.
• Provide onsite customer virtualization assessments.
• Creation and delivery of virtualization ROI and solution benefits proposals to customers.
• Assist with RFP responses.
• Creation of a bill of materials for solution specific virtualization product and service requirements.
• Provide knowledge transfer and training to customers and technical resources.
• Provide virtualization focused demonstrations, evaluations and proof of concept support.
• Provide troubleshooting expertise for virtualization performance and other issues.
• Create run book and other supporting configuration documentation.
• Work closely with Pre-Sales Architects to provide technical guidance, training, and virtualization expertise during onsite customer meetings and conference calls.
• Help develop complete virtualization solutions taking into account infrastructure, data protection, high availability, resource management, automation, disaster recovery, and application requirements.
• Focus virtualization resources on appropriate specializations including Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, Lab Automation, and Disaster Recovery.
• Meet and maintain product/expertise individual certification requirements as defined and our associated partners.
• Perform needs analysis, information gathering on client expectations and technical baselines for writing or technical review of Statements of work.
• Ensure that proposals are technically sound, deliverable, competitive and representative of market leadership in the application of technology to addressing business issues.
• Perform consultation, implementation, documentation and knowledge transfer for billable engagements.
• Stay up to date on emerging technologies and products, including attaining certifications and participation in industry events as appropriate.
• Bring new ideas and methodologies to improve the department.
The successful candidate will have an in-depth understanding of industry leading virtualization technologies from both a design and engineering perspective. The candidate will be able to demonstrate technical capabilities and solution offerings for virtualization in the Data Center, on the Desktop, and in the Cloud.
• 7+ years’ experience in overall IT (either systems or network engineering).
• 5+ years’ experience managing Virtualization projects.
• 5+ years technical experience with VMware (Design, migration and implementation)
• Ability to grasp new technology concepts quickly and assist others in understanding them as well.
• VMware current certifications, VCP required.
• Certifications on other Virtualization Technologies (Hyper-V, Xen) is a plus.
• Virtualization specialty certifications, Lab Manager, Site Recovery Manager, VDI (View), Life Cycle Automation, are a plus.
• At least 2 years technical implementation experience with storage technologies (SAN, FCP/ISCSI and NAS).
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Excellent communication and documentation skills.
• Ability to work flexible hours as necessary to meet customer requirements.
• Ability to travel to various customer locations as necessary.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, MIS or a related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Relocation assistance may be offered to the right candidate.
How to apply for this position:
Please send your resume to Teresa Cavanagh, Resource Manager
What to expect once you’ve applied:
Once your resume has been received, The Linium team will review your credentials to match your qualifications against all of the open positions, including the one you applied for. If you are qualified for any of the current job openings, a member of the Linium team will contact you.
Stay up to date with all of our job postings, tips, tricks and recruiter videos online:
www.liniumstaffing.com - Look for our links to Facebook, Twitter and Linked on our home page!
Linium is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Walk-ins are Always Welcome!